Thursday, November 23, 2006

What does Milan Kundera have to do with Advertising?

Nothing. And everything. I'm reading 'laughable loves', a collection of short stories on love by Milan Kundera. It's a lovely book and it prompts me to do a quick post on the importance of being an ecelectic reader to be a good advertising person. Most of the readers I've met in advertising happen to be people from the creative side of things. Rarely have I met a good Account Planner who's one-dimensional. Heck, rarely have I met a good advertising person who doesn't interest himself/herself in many things.

If you want to be in advertising, you must be into a lot of things. Advertising is not about advertising. It's about life. Wannabe Account Planners/Client Servicing people would be well advised to make a note of it.

No comments: