Thursday, November 30, 2006

Name call #7: Mini

I just watched a really cool commercial for the Mini which reminded me of how much I like the car. Question is, do I like the car for the way it looks and performs or do I like the car for the name? Doesn't the name make it a car men are less likely to buy? Is it a car for women? What do I like about the name? Like all good names, it's simple, easy to say, it's small, it's descriptive, it's cute and it's unusual; much like the car. Did I prefer the name with the Cooper attached to it? I'm not sure. What do you think of the name? What do you think of the car? Does the car add to the name? Does the name devalue the car? Does it matter? It must matter - we've got a lot of people devoting a lot of time to names. Speaking of the Mini, I think it's a better car, and name, than the Beetle. I think it's the Beetle for the new generation. Sweet.

No comments: