Friday, November 17, 2006

Nostalgia bar one

Last night I was sitting with a fellow creative at this lovely big kitsch bar in Abu Dhabi called Zari Zardosi when he mentioned what a big fan of nostalgia he is. It's not the first time I've heard that. I've heard the same wistful comment/lament from many people.

It probably has a bit to do with age. If you happen to be above 30, chances are you're a fan of nostalgia. Speaking of the bar; it's all about kitsch and retro chic. I love it. A lot of people much younger than yours truly love it too. The decor harks back to a different time long gone by. Apart from cigarette smoke, there's a lot of nostalgia in the air.

The thing I find most striking about this is, if things are getting better in life, why are we such huge fans of nostalgia? Brief writers, are advised to make a note of it.

No comments: