Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Name call#10: The Hold all

When I was growing up, I was exposed to a term called 'hold all'. It's a uniquely Indian moniker for a bed roll with enough space to carry a matress, blanket, pillow, bathroom slippers, toothpaste, big feet, massive egos and then some. When rolled up, it looked a bit cumbersome, but was very useful for uncomfortable train journeys on the back-breaking wooden berths that used to be the norm before the Indian Railways introduced cushioned berths. Right, now why on earth did I launch into that mini-treatise on the odd ball that is the 'hold all'? Because I'm quite shocked nobody has found a better way to use it as a brand name. (A quick google yielded only one site that sells all kinds of sports equipment. Not good enough for me.)

I think 'hold all' is a helluva brand name waiting to be built. For now, though, there's a nice little blog that has bought into it. The name says it all. Appropriately enough, the namer of the said blog has a blog on the craft of naming brands.
http://theholdall.blogspot.com

No comments: