Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Blog of mouth

Blogs feed off one and other. Here are some ways to make your blog more widely read:

1. Take on a big name.
2. Take pot shots at big media.
3. Scratch a big blogger's back.
4. Keep scratching a big blogger's back.
5. Link. Link. Link.
6. Go blocal. (That's blog+local)

Speaking of point number 6, is that why this list of marketing and related blogs put out by The Godin has no blogs from one of the two biggest markets in the world? What gives? I guess a marketing blog from India just cannot make much sense to the people who gave the world Marketing. Sorry.

5 comments:

Magnolia said...

sorry dude. 3 & 4 doesn't work.
I tried being a blogzilla...meri daal nahin gali.

So any alternatives?

(2-3 people have deactivated their comment section due to my active commenting....i have received 7 warnings in my blog so far)

Subramaniam Avinash said...

For starters, you can stop pretending to be a woman.

Magnolia said...

huh??

why should I stop pretending something that I am???!!!!!???

What makes you think I'm not a woman???????????????????????????????????????

Magnolia said...

sorry mr. uber,
my biology education tells me I am one.
It's particularly not my problem that you call men women and women men.

...and even if i was pretending....how does a SRS of my blog help??

Magnolia said...

crazy indeed are the times. First people make mindless accusations and then go mute afterwards.

Still waiting for a response.